Egypt Olympic Team
KingFut.com are proud to be covering the Egypt Olympic team since the 2012 London Olympics. The Pharaohs now have their sights on Rio 2016…
At the 2012 London Olympics, Hany Ramzy’s Egyptian squad were eliminated in the quarter-finals of the men’s competition. This was the first time Egypt qualified to the Olympics since 1992 in Barcelona – where they were eliminated in the group stage. The three overage players who joined the U-23 squad at London 2012 were Al Ahly trio Mohamed Abou-Treika, Ahmed Fathi and Emad Meteb.
The Pharaohs, now led by former Al Ahly coach Hossam El-Badry, have their sights on qualifying to Rio 2016.
FACT: Egypt’s best-ever finish at the Games was fourth, twice in Amsterdam 1928 and Tokyo 1964.
Egypt Olympic team – Features & Reviews:
- London 2012: A crucial point in Egyptian football after a year of crisis
- London 2012: Another wasted chance for Egyptian Youth?
- London 2012: King Fut’s top 5 Egyptian U23s to watch
- Preview: Egypt vs Brazil: Wounded Egyptians full of hope ahead of Brazil clash
- Review: Egypt 2-3 Brazil: Pharaohs impressive despite defeat
- Preview: Egypt vs New Zealand: Victory is the only alternative
- Review: Egypt 1-1 New Zealand: Old Trafford a Theatre of Nightmares for Egypt
- Preview: Egypt vs Belarus: One last chance
- Review: Egypt 3-1 Belarus: Rise of the Pharaohs
- Preview: Egypt vs Japan: The Samurai Blue take on the Pharaohs for a place in the London 2012 semis
- Review: Egypt 0-3 Japan: Egyptian dream extinguished
London 2012 Squad:
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El-Shennawy (Zamalek), Mohamed Bassam (Tala’a El-Gaish)
Forwards: Emad Metab (Al Ahly), Mohamed Salah (FC Basel, Switzerland), Marwan Mohsen (Petrojet)
Coach: Hany Ramzy
/ 4 hours ago
Riyad Mahrez scored late to help Leicester City earn a 1-1 draw with West...
/ 6 hours ago
Al Ahly defeated newly promoted side Al Ragaa 4-1 on Monday in a postponed...
/ 8 hours ago
Mido is one of the few Egyptians who has played in numerous European leagues...